You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: Suggestions / Ideas
Practice button displayed near View button

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 38
Streak: 1
Would it be possible to have the Practice button displayed under or near the View button? I am trying to Practice daily and it is a bit of a drag to always have to go to View, then look for Practice, then select the Practice mode. Instead, having a Practice button placed near the View button in both Dashboard (Courses with due questions) and Courses would help a lot. If possible to also save the last practice mode selected as a default, it would be even better. Not sure if you have any data on how often users switch their practice modes, but for example, I always use Typing so it would help a lot to just have that selected and skip the select Practice mode menu entirely. I can always select a new mode from within the Practice screen if needed.

3 comments

Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
Good idea. I agree that would cut down on clicking around the site. Practice mode accounts for about 25% of usage, but much higher for regular users. So, something like: - Add practice button on COURSES screen in line with view if a course has been played, otherwise no button. If practice move has been previously, go straight into the practice learning mode. - All dashboard settings - add a Practice button which does the same. Perhaps we will call this button RESUME PRACTICE. Was hoping it would be a quick fix but, looking at it, it may take a bit of time to implement. Please leave this open.
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
For the mean time, try out the bookmark option. It's an early stage, but may help for the time being. Please leave this open as your suggestions are very valid
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
This is finally going live soon. We have added the following so far: 1) a RESUME learning on the main navigation which takes you exactly to where you left off 2) RESUME button to go back to any course from where you left off from a) courses screen, 2) resume button at top of create course screen 3) the EDIT MY COURSE buttons around the site will now take you back to the exact page you were in before 1 week
You must be logged in to comment